The Wedding Woes exercise

Hi Erik,

I just completed this brand new exercise in the Prolog track. Great fun, but there seems to be some inconsistency between a detail in the description and a test case.

A test case checks that the guest gustavo likes valeria, but this is not mentioned in the introduction text. There is a text mentioning that “rico likes naran (but not vice versa!)”. If this is changed to “gustavo likes valeria (but not vice versa!)” it should be enough details in the description to be able to solve the exercise.

Keep up the good work with the Exercism site!

1 Like

Hi Andras,

Thanks for the report! Coincidentally, my wife had spotted the same mistake yesterday, so I fixed it: wedding-woes: fix names by ErikSchierboom · Pull Request #441 · exercism/prolog · GitHub

Good to hear! I aimed this exercise as a “first baby steps” exercise, where you get to use a bit of Prolog but nothing too hard hopefully.

1 Like

Very good idea, I think, to have these “first baby steps” in using Prolog.

I would be interesting to include such an “easy” exercise in 48in24 and compare the way you need to think differently compared to most other languages when solving these kinds of tasks. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but the problem is that the exercise doesn’t make much sense for other languages.