What is your favorite motivational/life quote?

What are some of your favorite inspirational quotes (or maybe even just witty sayings)?
A couple of mine are:
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
and:
“If you will it, it is not a dream.”

1 Like

One of my English professors used to say “Anything worth doing is worth doing badly” and I’ve always liked it because it makes me laugh while lowering my anxiety about trying new things!

6 Likes

Mh, maybe these are more little speeches than short quotes but some of my most treasured motivational quotes come from stand up comedy.

One is Bill Hicks with “It’s Just A Ride”, the closer to “Revelations” (1993), his last recorded special:

The other one is Bo Burnham with “Live your life without an audience” from his “Make Happy” Netflix special (2016):

“Encourage each other daily while it is still today.” - Hebrews 3:13

“One must think against oneself, otherwise one is not free.” - Adam Zagajewski

“Repetitive complaining will attract things for you to complain about. Repeated gratitude will attract things for you to be thankful about.” – Unknown

1 Like

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion’.” ― Muhammad Ali

“You hang out with nice people, you get nice friends. You understand?
You hang out with smart people, you get smart friends.
You hang out with yo-yo people, you get yo-yo friends.
You see, it’s simple mathematics.” ― Rocky (1976)

Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid. ― Franklin P. Jones

Mat Fraser (crossfit) mentioned a quote that stuck with me:

I am willing to do today what others aren’t willing to do, so that i can do tomorrow what others can’t

A Bob dylan quote:

He who is not busy being born is busy dying

Charlie Munger;

It’s better to be roughly right, than precisely wrong.

And another quote I’ve found on the internet somewhere;

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.