About adding new exercises

Hi there :wave:

I was flirting with the idea of contributing to Exercism adding an exercise to the C++ track and I found out that the team is not accepting contributions from the wider public.

I read the blogpost about this decision and it didn’t become clear to me if I could still propose adding new exercises here in the hope of some maintainer giving me the green light.

Yeah you can actually! @siebenschlaefer is the resident C++ maintainer I believe.

@siebenschlaefer, would you be willing to take the time to review my PR for this issue to add the Bottle Song exercise to the C++ track?

Hello @studentenherz,

Thank you for reaching out. Contributions are what Excercism is made of.

I am one of the C++ track maintainers. Currently, my focus is to create a syllabus for the language. Thus, I am mainly interested in material that is not yet covered by other existing exercises.

What do you think is special about the Bottle Song exercise? Do you intend to show an interesting C++ feature? Some cool design pattern? Or some new way to present an algorithm in different variants?

There is nothing special about that problem, I just wanted to contribute with more exercises for the track.

But I think what you are focusing on is great and I would like to contribute in any way I can.