Add approaches for the Eliud's Eggs exercise on the Python track

As an easy exercise that is linked to in learning mode, I think it is important that the Eliud’s Eggs exercise gets a Dig Deeper section with approaches. I offer to create a PR with approach docs for the following approaches:

Approaches/variants that may or may not be worth adding:

  • An even more extreme variant of the “cheating” approach, using function aliasing.

  • An approach that converts to a binary string and uses regular expressions to count the ones. Regexes would definitely over-complicate things, but it might be an opportunity to show how regexes are not suitable for everything.

  • A variant of the binary modification variant that I can’t really understand. If I added this, I would need some help in understanding it.

Hi @Yrahcaz,

Since we’ve been beavering away on both typos and approaches, I think it’s probably easier for you to propose stuff like this directly in the repo. The auto-bot will get it and close it, but I can easily reopen.

So…hate to do this to you, but can you open an issue on the repo for this? Happy then to walk you through what’s required to do an whole set of approaches from scratch. :smile:

Many thanks!!

1 Like

Issue opened here: Add approaches for the Eliud’s Eggs exercise · Issue #4227 · exercism/python · GitHub

2 Likes

This has been addressed in PR 4232, which has been reviewed, approved, and merged! :smile:

Congratulations to @Yrahcaz7 for their very first set of approaches docs from scratch. WOOH HOO! :tada:

2 Likes