Bug in golang / kindergarten_garden

Details here: Bug: instructions for kindergarten_garden do not match requirements · Issue #2725 · exercism/go · GitHub

Still the same bug? "test6names = []string{"Samantha", "Patricia", "Xander", "Roger"} includes names which are not one of the specified 12 children:

• Alice, Bob, Charlie, David,
  • Eve, Fred, Ginny, Harriet,
  • Ileana, Joseph, Kincaid, and Larry.

My code raises an error re the invalid names and won’t pass the tests.

I’ve moved this to the Go category (cc @andrerfcsantos @junedev)

Thanks! Maybe one approach would be to clarify that the 12 names listed in the instructions are just an example and are not necessarily the expected input. Also, I don’t think the instructions indicate that students should be handled in alphabetical order but the tests require that.

The instructions for this exercise come from problem specifications and the way I see it, the potential issues being discussed here are not Go specific, so I’d recommend making these suggestions against problem specifications.

Even if that is not clear when reading the instructions, I think it becomes clear when you see that the function NewGarden takes a slice of students. This would not be necessary if the list of students was the same all the time.

It does:

Their teacher assigns cups to the children alphabetically by their names, which means that Alice comes first and Larry comes last.