Hello, I am interested in an open-source contribution for this exercise to Exercism’s platform. Please provide the steps to accomplish this. Thank you. - @1Dedios1 (Twitter)
great to hear! You might want to comment on this GitHub issue to connect with the maintainers of the C track.
Did you already solve some exercises on the C track?
Here’s what you got to do:
- Clone the repository of the C track and create a working branch.
bin/fetch-configletto get the our internal tool
configlet createto create a skeleton of the exercise.
- Copy common files like the
makefileor the test framework from other exercises.
configlet syncto select the test cases that should be part of the C translation.
- Implement these test cases with the data from the problem-specification.
- Write the initial skeleton of the solution that gets presented to the students.
- Write an example solution.
- Add your name to
- Commit your solution and create a pull request (PR).
Let me or the maintainers know if you need any help. Cheers!
And if you’ve not seen the video here yet, please take a look :) Practice Exercises | Exercism's Docs
Do you still plan to translate this exercise for the C track?
Let us know if you need more information or help.