Completed and Correct Answer submissison still shows as in-progress

After completing an exercise (Reverse String) I noticed on my activity track that it was still showing ‘in progress’ even though I’ve submitted my solution and it passed. I also noticed compared to the other completed exercises that had been submitted it also says published whereas the Reverse String just only says submitted. I was wondering how to fix this.

An issue was opened at exercism/exercism#6607.

@Earthchild33 Hi! Have you marked it as Completed? Maybe you could share a screenshot of the Exercise page and we can take a look. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey, I believe so. I submitted my iteration and it got published. I’m not sure if that enables it to be marked as completed but I think that’s what I’d done with the previous exercises. screenshots below :)

Thanks. Can you show me a screenshot of the actual exercise page pls? (Error Handling in Bash on Exercism I think :slightly_smiling_face: )

The workflow has several stages to it.

1. Write a solution
  2. Submit code
  3. Tests run; code passes or fails.
  4. If code passes, you then have an option (a button) to mark the exercise as completed.
  5. I believe that completed dialogue provides you an option to publish your solution.

Having tests pass does not cause the exercise to be marked as completed; those are separate, explicit actions you need to take (though one is a prerequisite for the other). Publishing your solution is also separate from the prior two steps. It doesn’t happen automatically.

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve figured out what I was doing wrong, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is great to hear that you have figured it out.

Do you care to share what your solution was, where things were going wrong? It may provide a solution for someone else that is having the same problem! Or it may inspire a way for us to prevent others from having the same or similar problem.

I realized I was looking in the wrong place for the ‘mark as complete’. Once you’ve uploaded a solution, ‘mark as complete’ will be on the right hand side of the page .

Processing: Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 11.56.30.png…

1 Like

Very nice, thank you for sharing! I am sure it will help someone out!