Creating an Idris Track

Does this mean that it is safe/suitable to enable it, or should something else happen first. What will happen when it gets enabled? Will that make the track show up on the exercism website?

It’s safe to enable the test runner in the track config. This will allow maintainers to use the online editor when testing the track at https://exercism.org/tracks/idris/

The track will only show up for regular (non-maintainer) users once the active field is set to true in the track config.

1 Like

Thanks to @keiraville there are 20 exercises on the Idris track. I will try to make the documentation less wrong during this week.

2 Likes

I am trying out the idris track using exercism cli and have found some things I am not clear on how to fix. Some pointers would be greatly appreaciated:

exercism testError: the "idris" track does not yet support running tests using the Exercism CLI.

It is also interesting that "test_runner": false in config.json does not seem to have any effect. The documentation suggests that this has to do with running submitted solutions and letting students run tests when using the online editor. Both of these seems to work even when the value is set to false.

|It seems there isn’t a config for Idris at cli/workspace/test_configurations.go at main · exercism/cli (github.com).

I think that is expected.

1 Like

test_runner is set to true in the config. Enable test runner (#144) · exercism/idris@4f9b9be · GitHub

I’m not sure what you mean.

That is correct. We’ve only recently added instructions to the new track docs mentioning this: Exercism CLI | Exercism's Docs

1 Like

My bad, I hadn’t synced between repos properly. test_runner seems to do its job. :grinning:

1 Like

Add idris test configuration by isberg · Pull Request #1152 · exercism/cli · GitHub I will fix the formatting issue later today… and now it has been fixed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PR for test runner as well as CLI waiting for review.