Exercism Python Hello_world Submission error

Hi folks,
I have encountered errors in the submission of the Hello-world exercise. I got the error message below. Kindly help!

ImportError while importing test module '.mnt.exercism-iteration.hello_world_test.py'.
Hint: make sure your test modules.packages have valid Python names.
Traceback:
.usr.local.lib.python3.10.importlib.__init__.py:126: in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
.mnt.exercism-iteration.hello_world_test.py:3: in <module>
    from hello_world import (
E   ImportError: cannot import name 'hello' from 'hello_world' (.mnt.exercism-iteration.hello_world.py)

Hi! Welcome to the forum.

Can you post the code that caused the error here?

The solution stub defined a function named “hello”. The test imports that function. The test is complaining that it cannot import/find that function. Did you rename or remove the “hello” function?

print(“Hello World!”)

I tried to submit hello_world.py. I noticed that my terminal had hello-world.py as the file I was working in. I then tried to submit both but the error message was the same.

You may want to start with the stub and stick to the format given to you. The solution filename (or, Python files in general) should not contain dashes. The solution is expected to contain a function named hello. The solution function is expected to return a value. Solutions are not expected to ever print anything (though printing is rarely, if ever, tested so printing won’t make anything fail).

Here’s what the solution stub looks like: