Grep instructions append may need a visible header

Grep in Go on Exercism transitions abruptly from the end of the instructions to the instructions append. Without a visible header, the append seems like it’s related to the flags specifically, but it’s covering track-specific details for the entire exercise. Perhaps there should be a “Go-specific Instructions” header or something for the append along those lines?

1 Like

Want to PR one?

Sure. Would it be worth doing a sweep through all the appends and making sure there’s no abrupt transitions like the one here? I don’t think we necessarily need an extra header in every case.

Recall that every markdown file needs a level 1 header, but the L1 header for the append files are ignored.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m thinking something like this append on the Arturo track.

I did a batch PR => Ensure all `instructions.append.md` use an H1 and H2 by IsaacG · Pull Request #3140 · exercism/go · GitHub

I suspect something similar would be helpful in other tracks, too.

1 Like

See also fixes for other tracks

3 Likes