[Info for Maintainers]: New help tab on the editor

There is a new help tab on the editor. It looks like this:

(If you can’t see the image, visit an exercise in the editor (such as Exercism) and click on Get Help.)

The content is generated by this file

You can customise the first part of the Track information using the exercises/shared/.docs/help.md file in your repository. This is also provided to students via the HELP.md file when they download an exercise.

The docs for that file are here

You may also want to check the other files on that docs page to ensure your track has those too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like that you include the hints for concept exercises.

1 Like

Thanks. We went back on forward on that, but @dem4ron thought it was the right thing to do, so credit to him! :slight_smile:

Sidenote: Practice Exercises can have hints too (I think this is a very overlooked feature! :slight_smile:)

Would it be an idea (and possible) to have the link to the Forum link to the appropriate category for the track in question? Or does it make more sense to have them land on the Forum home and figure out where to go from there?

That should be what you see in the “${track} Help” part. Is there a track where it’s not working?

Ah I didn’t scroll down far enough, I clicked on the “Forum” link under “Community Help” which is what my question was about. Seeing it in full makes more sense!

1 Like

That’s useful to know though. Might be a future refinement for us.