Lost a lot of mentoring sessions towards unlocking automation

Hi!

I had above 90 on this progress at some point but I think I lost about 45 during the latest big patch to exercism. Feels like this might be a bug or it’s not but I would be interested in an explanation if there is one.

Perhaps how it is counted has changed. It does say “on a track” and the stats in the top right corner is the total among several tracks, maybe this explains the difference? If that is they case it would be nice to show in which track I have 42 sessions mentored. I was able to find that info in another place by opening the filter on the finished tab. However none of the numbers matches 42 and the most I have in one track is 54. So that theory does not seem to hold. Maybe it’s a bug after all.

I am mainly bringing this up because I’m very curious what can be done when automation is unlocked :)

Cheers!

I believe iHiD mentioned in a recent community call how he got some automated feedback on track X from someone who had mentored 100 times on another track and only once on track X. The feedback was not very good. As a result, the automation now requires 100 sessions on that track to unlock automation.

I’m guessing you have 42 finished (by the student) in TypeScript. I’m not on an IP that has access to servers right now so can’t check but that seems logical to me.

The idea of putting 42/100 (Typescript) where it currently says 42/100 in that box seems logical to me. Does it to you?

Ok that explains it! I did not know “finished by me” did not count. I will stop doing that then :P

The idea of putting 42/100 (Typescript) where it currently says 42/100 in that box seems logical to me. Does it to you?

Yes that seems logical!

Thanks for explaining.

@dem4ron @ErikSchierboom This is a nice little QOL improvement if either of you fancy it.