Patch Haskell test runner to support task IDs

I’ve had a stab at Upgrade to version 3 spec · Issue #19 · exercism/haskell-test-runner · GitHub

I found the task here: Exercism This is my first time contributing code, and I don’t know what the process is to get stuff merged. I have a description of my changes here: Look for test name to task id mapping in manifest by fredefox · Pull Request #107 · exercism/haskell-test-runner · GitHub

Thanks for this.

I’m not sure it’s doing the right thing though.

The point of this is to add task_ids to the individual tests in a Concept Exercise and then return those task_ids as part of the results.json (see the spec here: The Test Runner Interface | Exercism's Docs)

It’s probably worth discussing with others who have made test runners to get clear on this before continuing. It’s also worth noting that this is only for Concept Exercises, and Haskell doesn’t have a Learning Mode launched yet, so you won’t be able to see the results of this in production yet.

The point of this is to add task_ids to the individual tests in a Concept Exercise and then return those task_ids as part of the results.json

That’s what the code should be doing, but perhaps I’m misunderstanding you.

Perhaps it’s worth descoping this task until a “concept exercise” exists for Haskell… Are there any tasks to make such an exercise?

OK. So it probably needs some tests adding to show this is working. The different test cases are here: haskell-test-runner/tests at main · exercism/haskell-test-runner · GitHub

It’s probably worth waiting until @ErikSchierboom is back (he’s off for 2 weeks) and discussing it with him then as he knows much more than me.

Building a Syllabus for Haskell would be awesome, but it’s quite a lot of work. If it’s something you’d like to lead, I can see if others are around to support that? You can see Elixir’s Syllabus here as an example :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the test cases, although the PR is not updated since it was closed by the CI tooling which is also preventing running the other CI checks. You have to go to my fork GitHub - fredefox/haskell-test-runner to see my changes.

Yeah, I can’t reopen the PR. Maybe you force-pushed? If you create another PR and link it here, I’ll reopen it :slight_smile:

Here’s another PR: Look for test name to task id mapping in manifest by fredefox · Pull Request #108 · exercism/haskell-test-runner · GitHub

Cheers.

Thanks. Reopened :slight_smile: I’ll leave this to @ErikSchierboom to look at when he’s back in ~12 days from now.

I’ve reviewed the PR.