Is there a preferred way of including mathematical notation in Dig Deeper and Concept documents and such?
I see a few possible ways, though there might be more:
- Lean towards pre-symbolic notation, i.e. use words instead. (Easily grows unwieldy.)
- Use hand-written HTML. (Annoying to write; looks crude.)
- Include generated MathML in the markdown. (A lot of code; linter might complain.)
- Include math as images. (Does not play nicely with styling.)
- Include LaTeX in the markdown, to be converted during Markdown→HTML compilation.
It would be ideal, I guess, if it were possible to use LaTeX.
As of last January, MathML enjoys full support in all popular browsers. It looks like this: