The #12in23 Challenge!

Exercism does not yet have a dark mode, but it might be in the works. I use Dark Reader instead.

1 Like

Thanks for creating this challenge!

I just signed up and am getting this screen even though I’ve already completed all exercises for the Racket track. Any suggestions for a fix? Thanks for any assistance.

1 Like

Only exercises solved this year count.

Arguably, if you have already solved all exercises on a track, that track isn’t much of a challenge anymore and it should not count.

A fix that is already available to you: create a new exercise for the track and then solve it. This can be instructive.

1 Like

I love the concept! Will there be a badge?

1 Like

Hi @MatthijsBlom - Thanks for the feedback. I think I was confused because I marked complete more than 5 exercises this month, but some of those already had at least 1 iteration submitted last year (or maybe it’s based upon when I downloaded them initially?) At any rate, I’ll look into your suggestion. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m full on it !

3 Likes

I thought the order of the language tiles was determined by the order in which exercises were solved. However, that no longer seems the case. How is the order determined?

Previously I saw Haskell–Python–Rust, but now it has turned into Haskell–Rust–Python.

1 Like

Based on my board, I’d say sorted by number of exercises.

1 Like

Bro, they aren’t locked you just choose another track and start doing that one, and it will appear on that box!

1 Like

I want to maximize the fun here. Since part of the #12in23 challenge is opening ourselves up to new ideas, Can we get badges for the different paradigms we try? Like different badges for #Imperative, #Functional, #OOP. Is there a #Metaprogramming badge for certain challenges? For that matter is there a guide to the different badges you can earn?? This is definitely a fun challenge.

2 Likes

Are there plans to point out especially interesting exercises for featured languages?

1 Like

Great idea. Have put that into the list of badges for the future. Watch this space and thanks for the brilliant suggestion!

Did someone say #12in23 badges...? :wink:

1 Like

Yes. We’ll be doing that as part of each month. (cc @ErikSchierboom)

yes, #12in23 but these would call attention to the ideas one is learning…

1 Like

lol, for the Metaprogramming badge we could even ask Facebook to sponsor the event… #Meta_for_MetaProgramming!

1 Like

Is already known which ones? I might try to quickly cook up some Approaches on the Haskell track.

1 Like

Not yet, but that is a great idea!

1 Like

This is an amazing idea! Looking forward to it. I’m not sure if I missed it somewhere but as a part of this challenge, I was hoping for a list of top recommended languages that are most useful to learn as well as links to some recommended resources to learn each of those languages. Can you provide that? Would be a great way to help motivate people to follow through on this!

1 Like