This is the official list of Exercism badges. We’ll update this post as new badges are added. There are two lists - the main list is split into sections and ordered alphabetically. Below this, a chronological changelog is provided (for badges added after 26th Jan 2023) so you can keep an eye out for new ones to add.
- Contributor: Contributed to Exercism. You will get this if you awarded reputation in any of the building, maintaining, mentoring or authoring categories.
- Mentor: Mentored 10 students
- Supermentor: Mentored 100 students on a track
- Supporter: Donated to Exercism, helping fund free education. If you donated (especially via a source other than credit/debit card on the website) and haven’t been awarded this, please contact @jonathanmiddleton.
General Usage Badges
- All Your Base: Completed the “All Your Base” exercise in any language.
- Anybody There: Completed “Hello, World!” in five languages
- Completer: Completed all exercises in a track. This badge does not get taken away if more exercises are added.
- Conceptual: Completed all learning exercises in a track. This badge does not get taken away if more exercises are added.
- Die Unendliche Geschichte: Submitted 10 iterations to the same exercise
- Growth Mindset: Iterated a solution while working with a mentor
- Lackadaisical: Completed the “Bob” exercise in five languages
- Member: Joined Exercism (everyone has this)
- Rookie: Submitted an exercise
- Whatever: Completed the “Bob” exercise
Time-based Usage Badges
- Functional February: Completed five exercises during February in one of Elixir, Erlang, F#, Haskell, OCaml, Scala, StandardML, or Gleam.
- Mechanical March: Completed five exercises during March in one of C, C++, D, Go, Nim, Rust, V or Zig.
- New Years Resolution: Submitted an iteration on January 1st
You either have them, or you don’t!
- v1: Joined Exercism before July 13th 2018
- v2: Joined Exercism before September 1st 2021
- Researcher: Helped develop Exercism Research
- Tooling Pioneer: Developed early prototypes of tooling for Exercism
- v3 Pioneer: Contributed to the development of Exercism v3
Manually awarded badges
These badges are manually awarded and based on people requesting them. Please contact @jonathanmiddleton if you think you should be awarded them.
- Architect: Designed a track syllabus
- Bard: Created an exercise story
- Begetter: Significantly contributed to a Track before launch
- Troubleshooter: Helped troubleshoot issues
- Moss: Provided support to new users
- Added Functional February (Jan 26th 2023)
- Added Mechanical March (March 1st 2023)