Track maintainers list?

Is there a way to find out who is a track maintainer on a given track? It it always one person or are there tracks multiple maintainers?

Some tracks have multiple maintainers.

The maintainers list is stored/maintained as a GitHub “team”. You can see Exercism GitHub teams here. Try searching by language slug.

EDIT: I don’t know what the visibility of those lists is set to, so … you may or may not be able to view it.

I am redirected to github.com/exercism and notified that

You’re not a member of any teams in this organization.

I suppose that means the maintainer list isn’t public :slight_smile:

I have no idea if that’s just how GitHub works or if that was set up that way intentionally, though.

To get that information I mostly look at either the GitHub repository for the track and see who merged the most recent PRs or look at the track’s build status on the website and sort by who has the most rep from building. A very manual process :/

As a maintainer, I can see a maintainer list for each track but I also know it is not up to date. Some tracks without any active maintainers have a couple of people listed there.

To my knowledge, an up-to-date list of active maintainers does not exist. What @vaeng describes is the best you can do at the moment.

Thanks! (Post must be 10 characters long!)

I found another solution: open the contributors’ page and filter by the track of your choice. The ones without activity are probably not actively maintained: