Weekly community call

I missed last week’s. Have the recordings been posted?

1 Like

Hey @BNAndras - will start posting them in a set location each week.

@iHiD - can we create a Community call recording thread where we post the community call recording?

1 Like

Reminder that this is today (Nov 11th 2022!) at 5.30pm UTC :slightly_smiling_face:

Has the “set location” been determined yet? I had to miss the Friday call together this week, so I am looking forward to the recording!

I’ll add them into the original post of this topic :slightly_smiling_face:

Can we do a reply to trigger a “notification” instead of (only) an edit?

1 Like

Crosspost from the mentoring/maintainer slack:

As I have been DM’d already why I didn’t attend to any call for quite a while now, I am sad that I have to say:

It is very likely that I won’t be able to attend anymore, as long as the schedule remains at it is now.

As I am working from home now (or at least not 30km away from home) it has to urgent when I am at a PC between 18:00 and 20:00 CE(S)T (and with urgent I mean “aliens are invading earth and only you can stop them” urgent). This time is dedicated to the family. In the old job, it has been fine to stay at the office for 2 hours longer about once a month, or I was able to attend during commute. This is not possible anymore.
I’m not asking to reschedule. Just being honest with all of you. And avoiding more DMs :smile:

Ironically it is easier to leave the house for several hours (even during above mentioned dedicated family time) for a monthly physical meeting in the city, than it is to join a 90 minute video call outside of my regular working hours…
I hope I will be able to attend again some day.

1 Like

The weekly Community Call takes place today at 5.30pm UTC at GoToMeeting. GoTo - Jeremy Walker

Everyone is very welcome to join! :slightly_smiling_face:

See you there.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, just to say that there will be NO community call today.

Have a good weekend otherwise and see you next week :slight_smile:

Updating the calendar.

On other news, we now have an RSS feed for Community Podcasts. Will we have one for the Para-Weekly Community Calls, as well?

This is an interesting idea. I’ve never seen events pushed via RSS. Have you seen that before? I may be biased here, but shared Google Calendars work pretty well for this, too.

There is an “unoffical” Exercism Calendar I share and update for the weekly calls.

Unofficial because I don’t work for Exercism, and I don’t (usually) get any earlier notification than what anyone else could see for edits.

1 Like

Thanks! I added that to my gCal and added 10 minute and 30 minute notifications :smiley:

The weekly Community Call takes place today at 5.30pm UTC at GoToMeeting. GoTo - Jeremy Walker

This is the last call of 2022, after which, there is a Games Night for those interested!

Everyone is very welcome to join! :slightly_smiling_face:

See you soon!

Here’s the recording for last weeks community call on the 9th December 2022.

Call Recording

1 Like

It says “Here’s the transcript” but I only see the recording (along with the chat). Is it the platform’s poor choice of names, or I just can’t find the transcript?

It’s a poor choice of names :(

Hi Everyone!

There is no weekly Community Call this week.

We will be continuing them in the New Year.

In the mean time, have a restful break and see you in 2023!

J

3 Likes

There’s no call today (Jan 6th). I’ve been struggling with a wisdom tooth infection all week, and the mixture of pain + codeine doesn’t make for a useful me.

I want to rethink the calls in general for 2023. This week was supposed to be a planning week, but that’s not happened, so I’ll defer thinking on this until next week. I’m open to thoughts and ideas in this thread on how you’d like to see them evolve though :slight_smile:

Healing mercies~~~

2 Likes