Welcome modal for new users

There’s lots of things on Exercism that you only see as a new user. Today, I’ve added a new welcome modal and I thought I’d share it here for everyone who will never get to see it here :slight_smile:

The video is here: Welcome to Exercism! - YouTube

3 Likes

I checked the welcome video - very nice summary of the key differentiation of Exercism - I would use this video as my go-to resource to introduce Exercism to new people. Thanks for making it Jeremy.

2 Likes

I think this video is also great to send to people who are considering joining, as it really highlights were exercism can be great.

“The real value of Exercism starts after you completed the exercise” is great messaging and it’s great you put it in the video, I know of some people that completely miss on this aspect of exercism and just focus on doing the exercises.

3 Likes

Thanks both for the kind words! :blue_heart:

I’ve made it public on YouTube now (it was previously unlisted) as I felt it might be good for people who have signed up to Exercism, not used it, but then might come back and see it in the future. Upvotes on positive comments on it would be highly appreciated! :grin:

2 Likes

I agree - this is the line that made me forward the video to a software company, urging them to try it for their employees and they indeed started on Exercism for all their employees - so the video is great in bringing out the differentiation of Exercism

2 Likes

That’s great to hear. Thank you :blue_heart: