Welcome to Functional February #12in23!

Hello! :wave:

It’s Functional February! :date:

This month, we’re focussing on functional programming languages - exploring topics like immutability, pattern matching, recursion, first-class pure functions and more!

:studio_microphone: We’ve got interviews with language creators (Jose Valim and Louis Pilfold already confirmed), lots of live streaming, exclusive functional swag and more. Your challenge is to complete at least 5 exercises in one of the following functional programming languages: Clojure, Elixir, Erlang, F#, Haskell, OCaml, Scala, StandardML or Gleam.

Whether you’re new to functional programming or a seasoned pro, this is a great opportunity to brush up on your skills, try out a new language, and learn with others.

Visit the #12in23 Challenge page for all the information, and check out Jeremy and Erik’s introductory video to the month:

I hope you have a fun and productive Functional February. We can’t wait to see what everyone will be working on.

Happy coding! :keyboard:

1 Like

I’m happy to own the first badge of Functional February!

2 Likes

Hi! I am wondering why Racket isn’t included in the list of functional languages?

1 Like

I am not a racket developer but I think you can do oop in racket.

1 Like

Why isn't [insert lang] in [insert #12in23 month]? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I haven’t watched the video yet so I do not know whether this is relevant, but I notice there are no time stamps / book marks / TOC / whadayacallit. Might be nice for next time?

1 Like

Good shout. Done :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I said that this year I wouldn’t bother with functional programming, but it’s February and here we are :smiley:

It was fun making some more concept exercises on the Elixir track.

2 Likes

Yay!! Nice work :blue_heart: