About new exercises

Hello! :wave: I really can’t stress enough how much Exercism has helped me improving my coding skills, so I’d really like to help - even with a very simple contribution.

I read the blog post about issues not being accepted anymore on the GitHub repository, therefore I’m not really sure what’s the best approach to start contributing.

For instance, I would like to add a new concept exercise about Streams (e.g. Stream, MemoryStream, StreamReader, StreamWriter classes). I first encountered them in Tournament, but as a beginner I kind of struggled to find my way through the exercise.

I believe that the process of creating a new exercise, together with the corresponding documentation and tests, is the best way to learn the concept and give back to the community.

Thank you! :pray:

2 Likes

An exercise on streams would be really cool. That said, writing a Concept Exercise is quite hard work and we’re currently slightly swamped. Maybe you could ask in the Exercism channel is someone would be willing to help you with the Concept Exercise specifics. I’d be happy to comment on the C#-specific bits.