Mindshifting May languages

This month is delivering as advertised, with some “interesting” learning curves. I very much look forward to any “Brief Introduction to…” videos that Erik may find time to post.

3 Likes

Ha! He’ll be happy to know they’re appreciated :slight_smile:

I know he’s planning Prolog and Unison. Maybe one other if he feels inspired/excited by it! :slight_smile: But this month is very very busy for us so his time is limited.

I was very pleased to see that the Prolog video was released last week. I’d been waiting keenly for that one!

Personally, I think these “Brief Introduction To” videos are among the most valuable new features of Exercism this year, even if not everyone agrees. Talk is cheap, so let’s make it less cheap: for every new Brief Intro video @ErikSchierboom is able to post between now and the end of 2023, I’ll donate $50 towards the production costs.

! backdated this for Prolog.

donation|689x220

9 Likes

Wow, that’s a very cool commitment Colin!

Wow. That’s really kind and generous. Thanks, Colin!

1 Like

That is fantastic! I’m so pleased to hear you like the videos, and the donations are brilliant!

1 Like

Thank you so much indeed.

Following Colin’s lead, I’ll also donate $50 for every Brief Intro video @ErikSchierboom makes between now and the end of 2023. I’ve already donated for the Prolog video.

5 Likes

Amazing. Thank you!! :blue_heart:

I’ve added a dedicate thread. Thank you both again!

The Prolog video is missing from the brief introductions page at Exercism.

1 Like

@ErikSchierboom Easy one to start your day off in the morning (they’re hard coded on that page IIRC) :)

PR opened: Add Prolog to introduction videos by ErikSchierboom · Pull Request #5771 · exercism/website · GitHub