The #12in23 Challenge!

Did you complete all 5 non-“Hello World” exercises in March 2023 though?

You need to solve and publish the five featured exercises.

I did, yesterday was still March and I solved and published 6 non-hello world problems
My screenshot shows that the 12in23 page recognizes I completed it, but I didn’t get the badge

What time was it in UTC when you published?

It was past midnight in utc, but I thought it counted my local time. @iHiD for visibility

I’m only just deploying the Analytical April stuff now :) Will back-propogate it shortly!

No, the featured exercises are for the year-long challenge, the exercises for the monthly theme badge do not need to be from the featured list.

got it, thanks!

To wrap up a hanging thread, the logic for the monthly badges will account for timezone offsets: published solutions will include (in UTC)

• the current month
  • the last day of the previous month, and
  • the first day of the next month
3 Likes

Missed the May badge. Prolog was too different for me to learn on the fly and muddle my way through.

3 Likes

Would love us to have a learning track for Prolog one day!

7 Likes

I felt I cheated in May by doing Tcl, which didn’t seem anywhere near as mindshifting as Prolog.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!
I wanted to know how i could get all featured exercices for all passed month. like a list of them so i would work on them as the year is going?
thanks!

You can find the following link above the list of your published exercises on 12in23 page:

It would be really cool to have a list of ones not done (maybe greyed out in the area on the 12in23 page where is says x/45 done). It’s quite hard to spot the gaps without maintaining a list.

That’s a nice idea. I’ll take a look at it.

This is a great feature! But, it helped me notice there’s something up with my count:

Despite not completing all the exercises (yet), I’m seeing 45/45 complete.

They have been made aware in another thread

Should be fixed now

Since I’m probably not going to finish the challenge before the end of the year, I have a question - what happens to the challenge after the year is over? And will there be a “participation ribbon” of some sort?